Monday, November 16, 2009

Turn up the volume

Its time to turn up the volume. My God is a passionate powerful God. Its not that I don't try to listen or obey or make plans to do so, but the things of this world and their influence seem so persistent and seem so loud. My heart mostly beating with its own meager strength. But the truth! Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Stronger, more enduring more passionate. But how often is that reflected in me. Honestly, my heart, my thoughts, my joy, my life and my hope is so easily drowned out by the noise and the powers of the enemy. His fear has been louder than Gods hope. His persistent buzzing and chaos and agitations more present than the endurance of Gods hope and peace. No matter how loud the enemy is our God is stronger and enduring and more persistent. He is a passionate intensely loving enduring God. And he has called us not to just pursue him, but to do so with his heart to do so passionately. No more letting it be drowned out. IF need be its time to turn the volume down on the things of this world. Cast off the cares and snares that so easily entangle us. and turn the volume up on our pursuit of him of his calling and obedience to his word. We can praise louder and follow passionately, love more deeply. Trust more intensely.

This is the day that the Lord hath made I will rejoice and be glad in it!

4 comments:

Jen said...

God is good :)

Natalie Ward said...

Amen... Praying for you!

alexandra marie said...

good word
i feel like every hour i have to read colossians 3 where it says to set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.

its so easy to get caught up.

thanks for the reminder!

Ashley & Greg said...

amen definitely covers it- i feel the same way-it's so stinkin easy to get caught up in this world. thanks for sharing- and for the reminder! :)