Wednesday, January 10, 2007

In a Land Far Far Away.

One of the most ironic parts of our trip. (ironic because we were 1000 mile away) we ran into a family that was actually from Joplin. As Luck would have it. our final day in Pittsburgh I saw a cute family walking down the street swinging there young boy by the hands. I had seen them in the sandwich shop on market square where we had eaten lunch. i got off a quick shot and then introduced my self. Come to find out the girl was from Joplin Missouri just right up the road from Springfield. They had the cutest kid. (I hope you guys like the picks. ) Look me up next time your in Joplin!





UPDATE: Sean and Joey ( the couple from the photos above tracked me down online and this is what they had to say:

"Jeremy -

Excellent. Thanks so much for stopping us. They are wonderful pictures.

We, of course, love them all. Your skill shines through on all of them, the swinging photo in particular.After reading your blog, we should have probably added that, not only is Joey's mother's side of the family from Joplin (aunts, uncles and cousins still live there) but Joey's folks still live in KC and she and I met at the University of Missouri-Columbia. She was an undergrad on track to go to veterinary school and working as a waitress at the Heidelberg restaurant, and I was finishing up my undergrad journalism degree and working as a cook there. We still make it back to Joplin and KC at least once a year. Joey was just there a week ago. Great to run into you. Hope you enjoyed Pittsburgh. It's my hometown and I am - like most natives, I think - endeared with its quirky qualities, like having sandwiches with french fries and cole slaw on them (hope you had one of those at Primanti's). We moved back here 1 1/2 years ago after 12 years in Chicago for those kind of intangibles, including having my mom (the free babysitter) just a 1/4 mile away. Thanks again and let me know what I can do about copies.

Sean "

It was great to meet you as well. And Pimanti's was awesome. Next time I am in town I will buy you a "Pitts-burger"

No comments: